COVID-19 deposit and cancellation policy – BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
In response to the current situation the following deposit and cancellation terms and conditions will apply:
- Free cancellation of Whiteroom guided days for any reason applies up to 30th June, 2020. This means all deposits or payments made will be fully refunded. No professional fees will be applied.
- The following applies if a COVID-19 travel ban is in-force which stops outbound travel from your home country or inbound travel to Japan or if a or mandatory quarantine on arrival into Japan is in place:
- From 1st July onwards to 30 days prior to guided day start date the following applies:
- You may cancel and receive a full refund less a cancellation fee of ¥5,000 per guided day; or
- You may choose to move your booking to the 2021-22 season. In this case no cancellation fee will apply.
- From 1st July onwards to 30 days prior to guided day start date the following applies:
- From 29 – 8 days prior to your guided day start date – 50% of total booking value will be forfeited.
- From 7 to guided day start date – total booking value will be forfeited.
- If no travel ban is in place normal terms and conditions apply (see below).
STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Rate & Price Variation:
Whiteroom reserves the right until final payment has been received in full, to vary prices & rates in the event of changes in currency exchange or price increases made by our suppliers. If the cost of any service increases due to exchange rate fluctuations, tax changes, price increases or any other reason, you are required to pay the increase when notified by us. If you choose not to pay the increased price you may choose to cancel the booking. Please note that cancellation charges will apply. Whiteroom is not liable for any price increases. Rates quoted are correct for each product at the time of quoting; however, these rates may change prior to your final payment date. All prices are subject to availability & can be withdrawn or varied without notice. Whiteroom reserves the right to correct prices & rates in the event of consultant error.
Quotations and Validity:
All prices quoted are valid at the time of quote. All quotes are subject to confirmation of the components at the time of booking. All components of your quote are subject to availability at time of booking request. The prices listed are based on the costs and exchange rate at the time or printing. Whiteroom reserves the right to alter these prices at any time. Please contact Whiteroom for up-to-date prices and dates
When you have advised Whiteroom that you wish to go ahead with a booking we will then seek confirmation from our suppliers if applicable. If there is no availability for some/all of your components we will advise you of this & offer an alternative where possible. The alternative product offered may be a different price. Prices will be adjusted accordingly.
By making a payment on a booking you agree to Whiteroom Guides booking conditions.
A deposit of 20% of the total booking value is required for all guide bookings. All deposits are non-refundable once received. Whiteroom will/may/might forward deposits to suppliers to secure services. Payment of deposit acknowledges acceptance of all booking conditions.
Is due no later than 30 days prior booking date commencement. If booking made within 30 days full payment via credit card or cash is required.
By making a payment on a booking you agree to Whiteroom booking conditions
Cash – Cash payment can be made on the day by the client. Credit card will be held for security.
Credit Card – We accept Visa, Mastercard & Amex these attract a 3.75% surcharge.
Any cancellations must be received in writing. Minimum fees are:
- 60 plus days prior to booking date commencement – deposit will be forfeited.
- 59 to 30 days prior to booking commencement – 50% of total booking value will be forfeited.
- Up to 29 days prior to booking commencement – total booking value will be forfeited.
- Whiteroom cannot be held responsible for snow & weather conditions. Guided days cannot be cancelled or amended on the basis of snow or weather conditions. However, we will give consideration in extreme conditions. If you booked a certain ski resort and the lifts are shut that day or it is raining we will offer up another resort or if all resorts are closed we will then try to reschedule another day (if available). If that fails we will offer you a full refund.
- No refunds will be made if you voluntarily leave a guided day for any reason after the day has begun. Refunds will be at the discretion of Whiteroom if you are involuntarily forced to leave a guided day for any reason.
Cancellation By Whiteroom:
Whiteroom reserves the right to cancel any guided day before it is confirmed to run. Whiteroom reserves the right to cancel any guided day prior to departure, including a confirmed guided day, due to circumstances beyond our control. If this occurs you will be given the option of changing to another guided day if available or receiving a full refund. Whiteroom is not responsible for any incidental expense you have incurred as a result of your booking. If you choose and alternative guided day and it is at a lower value than your original guided day you will be refunded the difference. If the alternative guided day is of a higher value, then you will pay the difference in price.
Guide / Participant Ratio:
Whiteroom guided days are based on 1-6 participants per guide. If you have a group of 7 people we can put a tail guide in place. 8 people and above require fully guided days.
PLEASE NOTE – Mt Yotei backcountry touring days have a maximum of 4 clients per guide.
Whiteroom are happy to include a visit to one of Japan’s many beautiful Onsens. If you wish this to be included, please discuss when making your booking. The following conditions apply:
- Finish your guided day at least one hour earlier than scheduled lift closures. You are required to cover the cost of the guides onsen.
- Ski till usual guided day end – ¥5,000 additional charge will apply. You are required to cover the cost of the guides onsen.
Whiteroom acts only as an agent for the companies (Principals) providing or offering the means of other services and as such has no control over any services or products provided by these Principals. All bookings made are subject to the booking terms and conditions under which these services are provided. The Company and its Principals reserve the right, without liability or right of compensation, to prohibit or restrict any activity, or cancel or alter any service or itinerary component, without notice. Whiteroom Tours will not be held responsible for the inability of the Principals to comply with any special request relating to age, medical conditions, physical ability or disability, dietary requirements, allergic conditions, smoking or non-smoking accommodation.
Travel insurance is highly recommended for all participants. We recommend you take out travel insurance upon booking and paying deposit, to cover you for cancellation fees in the unfortunate event of a cancellation. We suggest the following providers travelinsurancedirect.com.au or ouch.com.au as they both offer a ski specific policy – please check to see if these policies suit you. Conditions apply relating to coverage – always refer to the Product Disclosure Brochure.
Whiteroom collects information about you in order to book components of your guided days. You authorise Whiteroom to provide this information to suppliers who require this information before they will provide products or services to you.
Participant Agreement Form:
A Participant Agreement form is required for each person booked to a guided day. For group bookings, it is the responsibility of the person, whose name holds the booking, to ensure that each member of their group has read, understands & signs the participant agreement form. Participant agreement forms are preferably filled in prior to your guided day or must be completed before first lift on the day of your booking.information.
Damage to Whiteroom avalanche equipment or malicious damage to any Whiteroom property will result in the cost of the equipment or that damaged being charge to you the client.
Mixed Group Product:
Minimum 4 or Maximum of 6 people per day (reservations up to 19:00 the previous day).
If you are eligible for a refund once a booking has been cancelled, the balance less any non-refundable amounts & cancellation fees will be forwarded to you upon receipt of the refund from the supplier if applicable. Whiteroom will endeavour to get your money to you as soon as possible but the process may take up to 4 weeks.
I acknowledge & understand that skiing & snowboarding are sports that are hazardous and have inherent risks of injury &/or death. I voluntarily agree to assume all risks of injury or death that may result to me from skiing or snowboarding. I hereby release Whiteroom Tours & their employees & agents of any obligation to advise me in relation to the dangers obvious or not, inherent in the sport. I accept that I will participate in such sport(s) of my own free will & never at the direction of Whiteroom &/or their employees and agents. I voluntarily take full responsibility for any damage or injury to myself or which I may cause to others.
Thank you for booking with Whiteroom!