From the 11th of October 2022 Japan has relaxed it’s border entry policies. Key details are:
- People from most countries may travel to Japan without the need to apply for a visa.
- Independent travellers will be granted entry, without the need for travel agents or set itineraries.
- Travellers with 3 (approved) vaccinations will not need to do a PCR test prior to departure. Unvaccinated visitors will still be able to enter Japan as long as they have a negative PCR test within 72 hours of departure.
- Daily entry caps will be removed.
- ESSENTIAL: View our Step by Step guide on entering Japan using the new Visit Japan Web system.
- Japanese Government website for information on visa’s no longer being required
- Approved vaccinations list
- List of 68 countries granted visa free travel
NOTE: We will be providing a step by step guide on entering Japan using the Visit Japan Web system soon.
These changes make getting back to Japan a MUCH simpler process for all of us, and we have have received an influx of booking enquiries since this announcement in late September.
As we have been able to provide tour bookings for our clients under the current entry rules, many of our peak season tour dates have already sold out and our guides are filling up fast, with continued interest. If you’ve been on the fence waiting for the border rules to drop, now is the time to jump on board and secure a spot with us!
We’ll keep you updated on further details regarding these new border changes, and we are PUMPED to welcome you back to Japan with us for the coming winter!