Powder Progression Tour
FULLY INSTRUCTED/GUIDED & HOSTED POWDER TOUR
Based in Niseko for the first four days, our instructors will help you to improve your powder skiing whilst exploring the mountains of Niseko United, as well as surrounding resorts such as Moiwa and Rusutsu. Our flexible itinerary will have you chasing the best conditions at each of these ski areas.
We then transfer to Otaru with one of our backcountry guides who will introduce you to backcountry safety equipment and run a workshop on the fundamentals of avalanche safety, before we head further beyond the resorts for deeper powder!
THIS IS AN INSTRUCTIONAL BASED TOUR THAT CONCLUDES WITH 2 DAYS OF DEEP POWDER GUIDING
We have designed this tour to maximise instruction time with only 4 spots on each tour. This way those who are new to the techniques required to ski Japan’s deep snow can build confidence to make the most of their time in Hokkaido.
You may have ridden some powder on piste or on top of compacted off-piste but you may have never ridden the bottomless powder we get regularly in Japan. Your instructors will structure your learning so that you gain confidence and progress away from the groomers to experience the deep fresh snow and terrain you have always wanted to conquer.
With years of powder instructing behind them, Whiteroom’s experienced instructors have found that often simple technique correction and confidence building will unlock the secret to powder skiing/riding. You and your instructors will analyse and then improve your technique and build on what you have learnt through goal setting and skill development.
By the end of the tour, you will have progressed from piste to powder and a whole new world will have opened up.
8 NIGHTS | 9 DAYS
THESE TOUR DATES ARE SKI ONLY
Secure your spot with a 20% deposit. See our Terms & Conditions for more information.
4 to 1 max client to guide ratio
4 people max per tour. 3 person minimum.
Ability Level: Advanced on-piste, new to powder to high intermediate in powder
NOTE: All TOURS ARE SKI ONLY. If you are a group of 4 or more snowboarders you may request a snowboard guide/instructor on any of the tour dates. Please contact us for more details.
Do you charge the piste but struggle in powder? Take the leap into Japan's deep powder with our certified instructors.
Powder Progression Tour Details
- Ski instruction and guiding
- Workshop on the fundamentals of avalanche safety
- Apres hosting
- Airport transfer to Niseko with Resort Liner
- 5 nights twin/triple share accommodation at Pension Full Note in central Hirafu, Niseko
- 3 nights twin/triple share accommodation at OMO5 Otaru
- 6 days worth of lift passes and instruction/guiding in the Niseko and Otaru regions
- Welcome & farewell dinner party
- Daily breakfast
- Transfer day/cultural day tour
- Onsen (hot spring) tour
- Whiteroom merch
- * For the 29 Jan tour date you will be in Otaru during the famous Sapporo Snow Festival. Your guide will take you for an amazing cultural trip to Hokkaido’s capital Sapporo in the evening where you’ll see spectacular snow and ice sculptures stretching 1.5kms down Odori Park as well as other sites dotted throughout the city. Enjoy concerts and events as well as food vendors showcasing Hokkaido delicacies.
NOTE: All tours are SKI only. If you are a group of 4 or more snowboarders you may request a snowboard guide/instructor on any of the tour dates. Please contact us for more details.
" This is one of the best holidays I have ever had. Guides so friendly & their knowledge & tips on instruction on the snow was great to progress my snowboarding. Mic was so good! Crew I meet & travelled with, I had a blast. I would go back to Japan tomorrow, was so much fun! The cultural experiences were a buzz too and gave the tired body a break from all the powder "
Joan Burns 2018
We take two things very seriously – safety on the mountain, and getting the most from each day. With qualified and experienced guides from all corners of the globe, we’ll show you some amazing places and get you deep into that famous Japanese powder.