CHASE FRESH POW ALL DAY, EVERY DAY!
Previous
Next

Central Hokkaido Tour

BY FAR OUR MOST POPULAR GUIDED SKI & SNOWBOARD JAPAN TOUR

Central Hokkaido is what skiing and riding in Japan is really all about – no crowds, a true cultural experience and big days chasing untracked powder all over the mountain!

We’ll use the lifts at each resort to get into great inbound powder stashes, traverse out into the backcountry for hidden runs before following the creeks home, and hike to the ridgeline bowls when the weather is good. Make sure your legs are ready with some pre-trip prep!

NEW FOR 2024/25 – this year we will have you staying at the boutique Hotel Munin located in Kitanomine within walking distance from bars and restaurants

Hotel Munin boasts a delicious breakfast, bar, drying room, lounge area a lovely onsen where you can relax after each ski day.

We’ve been running this tour for 16 years now and each year it gets better with new terrain to explore. You’ll get to ski/snowboard the in-bounds powder and backcountry of Furano, Asahidake, Kamui, Tomamu, Sahoro and Pippu! All of these resorts have different qualities, terrain and weather patterns, and with a flexible itinerary you’ll experience the best conditions possible.

80% of the time we are off-piste in the lift accessed backcountry of each resort. the other 20% is to get to and from the lifts to the powder

Like all our tours you’ll ride in our comfy 4WD vans to whichever resort is best on any given day. Our guides work with you and the weather to make sure you have the best time possible.

As this tour is fully hosted we’ll take you to some of Furano’s great restaurants and bars where you can enjoy the delicious local cuisine and Japanese hospitality. 

Don’t just book a run of the mill ski package, book a guided ski/snowboard tour with us and have the best experience possible.

Are you looking for a tour that includes lift-accessed touring, where you’ll use skins or split-boards to go deeper into the backcountry? If so, check out our popular Powder Belt Backcountry Tour.

10 NIGHTS | 11 DAYS
from ¥495,000

¥585,000 – SOLD OUT

¥585,000 – SOLD OUT

¥585,000 – SOLD OUT

¥585,000

Secure your spot with a 20% deposit. See our Terms & Conditions for more information.

6 to 1 max client to guide ratio

6-10 people max per tour. 4 person minimum

Ability Level: Advanced in powder:
Confidence making consistent, controlled turns in trees and deep powder – and have experience doing so.

Group 13 Created with Sketch.
Group 13 Created with Sketch.
Group 13 Created with Sketch.
Group 13 Created with Sketch.
0
Nights
0
Days Guiding
0 +
Resorts
0
Free/Rest Day

Based in Furano, explore the epic Powder Belt of Hokkaido - famous for it's light, dry and deep snowfall

Kitsune!
We're serious about fun, and ramen
Asahidake Top Station
Previous
Next

Central Hokkaido Tour Details

" Julian and Taneli were AWESOME! They went above and beyond to make sure we found fresh powder every day "

Lisa Wilson

Backcountry Rental

Keen to try ski touring or splitboarding? We now offer our clients backcountry rental with a range of touring skis, splitboards and equipment from Weston, Moment, Tyrollia, Spark R&D, Black Diamond and Mammut.

rentals-web400

Our Guides

We take two things very seriously – safety on the mountain, and getting the most from each day. With qualified and experienced guides from all corners of the globe, we’ll show you some amazing places and get you deep into that famous Japanese powder.

MORE POWDER TOURS

newsletter sign-up