COVID-19 deposit and cancellation policy – BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
In response to the current situation the following deposit and cancellation terms and conditions will apply:
- Free cancellation of all Whiteroom tours for any reason applies until official notice is given by the Japanese government that Japan’s borders will open for tourist travellers. This means all deposits or payments made will be fully refundable until we have received this notice and once we do we will contact you and give you the option to either receive a refund or travel with us to Japan. No professional fees will be applied. Note this does not apply to deposits paid to other third-party suppliers who may have non-refundable deposits or other stricter T+C’s.
- DEPOSITS are required to secure your spot on a tour.
- FINAL PAYMENTS –We will not be requesting any final payments unless we know borders are opening. If a third-party supplier has other policies in place regarding deposits we will advise you of this before any payments are made.
- Whiteroom will only request final payment once we can confirm that Japan’s borders have opened. If they have not opened prior to 30 days before the tour start date we will cancel the tour and you will receive a full refund. We will be in touch regarding any change.
- From 29 days prior to your check-in or tour start date if travel bans are put in place at the last minute due to COVID 20% of total booking value will be forfeited and 80% applied to any tour booking made within the next two seasons.
- Please note that we reserve the right merged or cancel tours if they don’t meet minimum numbers up to 30 days prior to the tour start date. We may also cancel or amend tours or start dates due to guide availability. All clients will be given an option to join a similar tour or a different tour start date or be given a full refund.
- We advise that all tour clients do not book flights or if they must please book changeable/low fee fares. We will not be responsible for any change fees due to changed tour start/end dates.
GUIDING & INSTRUCTIONAL PRODUCTS
- Free cancellation of all Whiteroom guiding and associated Whiteroom products for any reason applies until official notice is given by the Japanese government that Japan’s borders will open for tourist travellers. This means all deposits or payments made will be fully refundable until we have received this notice and once we do we will contact you and give you the option to either receive a refund or travel with us to Japan. No professional fees will be applied. Note this does not apply to deposits paid to other third-party suppliers who may have non-refundable deposits or other stricter T+C’s.
- A 20% deposit is required to secure your booking.
- FINAL PAYMENTS – Final payment is due 30 days prior to your start date or 5 days from booking if less than 30 days. NOTE:
- Whiteroom will only request final payment once we can confirm that Japan’s borders have opened. If they have not opened prior to 30 days before the start date we will cancel the guided or instructional booking and you will receive a full refund. We will be in touch regarding any change.
- From 29 days prior to your start date if border closures are put in place at the last minute due to COVID 100% of total payments made will be applied to any guiding or instructional booking within the next two seasons.
- Please note that we reserve the right to cancel any guided or instructional days or start dates due to availability. All clients will be given an option to move to another date or be given a full refund.
- If borders are open for travel, normal terms and conditions apply (see below).
GENERAL TRAVEL PRODUCTS (non-Whiteroom supplier)
- Free cancellation for any reason applies until official notice is given by the Japanese government that Japan’s borders will open for tourist travellers. This means all deposits or payments made will be fully refundable until we have received this notice and once we do we will contact you and give you the option to either receive a refund or travel with us to Japan. No professional fees will be applied.
- Note this does not apply to deposits paid to other third-party suppliers who may have non-refundable deposits or other stricter T+C’s. We will advise you of these during the booking process.
- Free cancellation of fully refundable segments (as per supplier terms and conditions) for any reason applies up to 30th September, 2021. This means all deposits or payments made will be fully refunded if they can be as per supplier terms and conditions. No professional fees will be applied.
- FINAL PAYMENT is due no later than 70 days prior to departure, or 5 days from booking confirmation if booking is within 70 days. Final payment date may be extended if COVID travel restrictions are in force and supplier conditions allow. We will be in touch regarding any change.
- The following applies if COVID-19 border restrictions are in-force which stops outbound travel from your home country or inbound travel to Japan or if a mandatory quarantine is in place upon arrival into Japan or upon return to your home country:
- All deposits or payments will be refunded less a ¥20,000 admin fee up to 30 days prior to departure, unless otherwise stated by a supplier’s terms and conditions.
- Within 30 days of departure – A ¥20,000 per adult admin fee will apply to cancelled bookings. Any refundable segments will be refunded as per supplier terms and conditions.
- NOTE: Supplier terms and conditions will be clearly stated on your booking confirmation. Please read these carefully as other suppliers may have stricter terms and conditions which will be enforced.
NOTE: the admin fee in the above terms is to cover our costs and the work already done on your booking. We take the time to create the best possible Japanese snow holiday and with that comes a wages and other operating costs. Like you we want to be able to survive these difficult times and come out the other end together. Be kind and stay safe!
Rate & Price Variation:
Quotations and Validity:
All prices quoted are valid at time of quote. All quotes are subject to confirmation of the components at time of booking. All components of your quote are subject to availability at time of booking request. The prices listed are based on the costs and exchange rate at the time or printing or creation of the quote. Whiteroom Tours reserves the right to alter these prices at any time due to exchange rate fluctuations, rate change by a supplier or error.
When you have advised Whiteroom Tours that you wish to go ahead with a booking we will then seek confirmation from our suppliers. If there is no availability for some/all of your components we will advise you of this & offer an alternative where possible. The alternative product offered may be a different price. Prices will be adjusted accordingly.
By making a payment on a booking you agree to Whiteroom Tours booking conditions.
A deposit of 20% of the total booking value is required for all bookings. Some properties may require an additional deposit to secure the booking as outlined on your quote or advised by your consultant. All deposits are non-refundable once received. Whiteroom Tours will/may/might forward deposits to suppliers to secure accommodation & or services. Payment of deposit acknowledges acceptance of all booking conditions.
Is due no later than 70 days prior to departure, or 5 days from booking confirmation if booking is within 70 days. Should airlines impose ticketing time limits, fare withdrawal, fare or tax increase, full payment of fare & taxes may be required before this time. Failure by the client to pay the outstanding balance by the due date may cause the auto-cancellation of the booking whereupon the deposit paid by the client shall be forfeited. Final documents will not be released until the booking is paid in full. Late payment fees may be incurred on your booking.
Early Bird Payment:
SUPER-DUPER EARLY BIRD CONDITIONS
- ¥20,000 per person deposit is due at time of booking. This is fully refundable before 30th June 2021. From 1st July 2021 it is non-refundable.
- The deposit is fully transferable to other tours at any time depending upon availability.
- Final payment of the entire tour cost is due by 30 September, 2021. Payment after this date will forfeit the Super Early Bird discount.
- Any additional travel segments such as flights or accommodation in Tokyo may have alternative final due dates and normal cancelation conditions apply.
- All Early Bird payments once made by 30th September are fully non-refundable. (see COVID-19 conditions above for exceptions).
The itinerary supplied with your final documents represents the products & services that will be supplied & supersedes any previous arrangements or understanding, whether written or oral.
By making a payment on a booking you agree to Whiteroom Tours booking conditions.
For all direct bank payments please click on the link below for the currency this Confirmation is invoiced in. If your Confirmation invoice is not in the currency you wish to pay in, please contact your travel consultant so they can update into the correct currency.
Please ensure that when you make payment you put your last name and the confirmation number on the payment reference.
More currencies are coming soon!
Credit card payments are made through our online Stripe/Xero invoice portal and are available in all major currencies. Please notify your consultant your intention to pay by credit card and your preferred currency.
Australian VISA, Mastercard and AMEX attract a 1.8% surcharge.
International VISA, Mastercard & AMEX attract 3% surcharge.
International Japanese Yen payment by VISA, Mastercard & AMEX attract 4% surcharge.
Payments from overseas
If you choose to pay directly into our AUD or JPY account from an overseas institution you are required to cover any applicable fees. This is usually a fee on your end and a $15 or ¥3000 fee when the funds land into our account. If we have been charged any fees for accepting such transactions these fees will be passed on in full.
Cancellations by the traveller:
Any cancellations must be received in writing. Minimum fees are:
- Up to 70 days prior to departure – full deposit will be forfeited.
- Between 30 and 69 days of departure – 50% of total paid will apply.
- Within 30 days of departure – 100% of total paid will apply.
- Supplier cancellation fees will also apply if applicable.
- Whiteroom Tours cannot be held responsible for snow conditions. Holidays cannot be cancelled or amended on the basis of snow conditions.
- No refunds will be made if you voluntarily leave a tour for any reason after the tour has begun. Refunds will be at the discretion of Whiteroom Tours if you are involuntarily forced to leave a tour for any reason. No refunds will be given for any accommodation, transport, sightseeing, meals, service or any component of the tour not utilised. Please note these conditions apply to Whiteroom Tour land content only.
Cancellations by Whiteroom Tours:
Whiteroom Tours reserves the right to cancel any tour before it is confirmed to run. A tour is confirmed to run once it has reached the minimum participants required as defined by Whiteroom Tours. This applies to all tours. Whiteroom Tours reserves the right to cancel any tour prior to departure, including a confirmed tour, due to circumstances beyond our control. If this occurs you will be given the option of changing to another tour or receiving a full refund. Whiteroom Tours is not responsible for any incidental expense you have incurred as a result of your booking. If you choose and alternative tour and it is at a lower value than your original tour you will be refunded the difference. If the alternative tour is of a higher value then you will pay the difference in price.
Tours & Ability:
Whiteroom Tours reserves the right to remove a client from any tour if he or she is of an ability not suited to that tour. No refund will be due for any unused portion of the tour. The client takes full responsibility for the self-categorisation of their ability based on the following guide: Ability Level Check
Whiteroom Tours charges the following non-refundable fees. These professional fees are in addition to any fees which may be charged by airlines, accommodation providers, transfer suppliers or any other supplier.
¥3000 Booking Amendment: charged per amendment once a booking has been confirmed.
¥20,000 Booking amendment inside 14 days: charged per amendment for changes inside 14 days of departure.
¥3000 Late payment: charged per week for any final payments not received by the due date.
$200.00 Flight cancellation: charged per person for flight cancellations (applicable refunds generally take 6-10 weeks to be processed)
Whiteroom Tours acts only as an agent for the companies (Principals) providing or offering the means of travel, accommodation and other services and as such has no control over any services or products provided by these Principals. All bookings made are subject to the booking terms and conditions under which these services are provided. The Company and its Principals reserve the right, without liability or right of compensation, to prohibit or restrict any activity, or cancel or alter any service or itinerary component, without notice. Whiteroom Tours will not be held responsible for the inability of the Principals to comply with any special request relating to age, medical conditions, physical ability or disability, dietary requirements, allergic conditions, smoking or non-smoking accommodation.
Whiteroom recommends purchasing travel insurance when you pay your deposit as that way you may be covered for accidents that prevent you from travelling as well as for your holiday. You can purchase travel insurance directly with World Nomads by clicking HERE. Please ensure you read over their product disclosure statement to make sure it is right for you and your holiday. If anything is unclear their team will be more than happy to clarify anything for you.
Any transfers missed or not utilised by the client are non refundable. The cancellation policy of each service provider will determine whether a missed transfer can be moved to an alternate time/date. Whiteroom Tours reserves the right to amend departure times & service providers at our discretion. You will be notified by Whiteroom Tours should this occur.
Any lift passes not utilised for any reason by the client on any of our tours are non refundable.
Can be purchased through Whiteroom Tours as part of your travel package. The conditions for the purchase of the airfare will be dependent on the airline & airfare that you are booked on and will be advised to you by Whiteroom Tours at time of quotation and confirmation. All fares quoted remain subject to availability at time of booking. Price may vary until fully paid and ticketed.
It is the passenger’s responsibility to:
- Ensure correct spelling of names for persons travelling is advised to Whiteroom Tours at time of booking on the booking form & correctly shown into your itinerary.
- Provide Whiteroom Tours with flight details for any flights not booked with Whiteroom Tours & ensure these details are shown correctly into your itinerary.
- Advise Whiteroom Tours of any changes to the above supplied flight details & ensure that these details are shown correctly into your itinerary. Whiteroom Tours will not be held liable for any missed connecting flight, transfer, accommodation or any other service due to incorrect supply of flight information.
If you are a current member of a Frequent Flyer program, we will require your membership number for entry into your booking. You should still retain your boarding passes and other receipts such as car rentals and hotel documents to ensure that all points are accurately credited to your account by the travel provider. Whiteroom Tours cannot be held responsible for copies of airline tickets/accounts once you have travelled. Not all airfares booked will accrue Frequent Flyer points. Please check with your consultant at time of booking or with your Frequent Flyer provider.
Whiteroom Tours collects information about you in order to book components of your travel package. You authorise Whiteroom Tours to provide this information to suppliers who require this information before they will provide products or services to you.
Security bond & passport details:
Your credit card details may be required as a security bond on the potential cost of property damage &/or expenses incurred. Japanese law requires that accommodation providers take a copy or make notes of your passport details. By signing this form you agree to provide a copy of your credit card if requested and supply your passport details if required.
A booking form is required for each passenger booked to travel. For group bookings, it is the responsibility of the person whose name holds the booking, to ensure that each member of their group is aware of the booking conditions and completes and returns a booking form. Booking forms are required at the time of booking deposit or flight reservation. The information provided on your booking form is essential for your booking details and travel arrangements. This information is required for your booking to proceed. Whiteroom Tours will not book any component of your travel package without receiving a signed booking form from you.
If you are eligible for a refund once a booking has been cancelled, the balance less any non-refundable amounts & cancellation fees will be forwarded to you upon receipt of the refund from the supplier or airline. Whilst Whiteroom Tours will endeavour to get your money to you as soon as possible, some refunds can take up to 12 weeks to process.
I acknowledge & understand that skiing & snowboarding are sports that are hazardous and have inherent risks of injury &/or death. I voluntarily agree to assume all risks of injury or death that may result to me from skiing or snowboarding. I hereby release Whiteroom Tours & their employees & agents of any obligation to advise me in relation to the dangers obvious or not, inherent in the sport. I accept that I will participate in such sport(s) of my own free will & never at the direction of Whiteroom Tours &/or their employees and agents. I voluntarily take full responsibility for any damage or injury to myself or which I may cause to others.
Some Japanese properties may differ from those encountered in Western ski resorts. Whilst hospitality & service levels often surpass Western standards, rooms generally have less furniture & hanging/storage space. Ensuites are generally smaller & are of a modular design. Some Japanese properties also allow smoking in common areas & guest rooms. Traditional Hotels or Ryokans often have rooms with Tatami Matt flooring and futon beds. Some rooms will not have ensuites and instead will have shared bathing in segregated bathrooms or onsens. We will inform you of these cultural differences and you may be pleasantly surprised by how easily you can adjust to the Japanese way of life. If not please request a western style accommodation.
If you are participating in a Whiteroom Tour or are being guided by Whiteroom Guides you will need to read and sign our wavier and send this back to us before participation. Failure to do so will result in you not being able to accompany our guides on any activity.
Thank you for travelling with Whiteroom Tours. We will see you in the Whiteroom!