Employment with Whiteroom Tours
Are you looking for amazing cultural experience, working in the industry that you love, skiing deep pow and having a great time?
Whiteroom Tours are looking for people who want to join a growing team of passionate skiers and snowboarders. Currently we have a variety of positions available for those with enthusiasm, dedication and excellent skills.
- Chef – Niseko
Working a season in the snow combines hard work and loads of fun into an experience of a lifetime. If this sounds like you then please read the job descriptions below and send a cover letter & resume to email@example.com
We look forward to welcoming you as part of the team.
Full Note Pension is a Japanese style ski lodge nestled in the heart of Niseko Hirafu village. With a well-respected history as a live music & bar venue, Half Note Cafe & Bar is located at the ground level of Full Note in the middle village. We pride ourselves in providing the best customer service in a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere. We have an exciting position available for an experienced Chef to join our team.
Half Note provides Allpress espresso coffee and breakfast service in the morning plus bar, dinner service and live music at night. We are seeking a qualified, experienced Chef to join the team at Whiteroom for the 2017/2018 Japan ski season.
We are looking to recruit a Chef to look after all day to day food operations of Half Note. The successful candidate will have a track record in the leadership and management of kitchen operations.
This role requires an energetic person, someone who is passionate about food and customer service and recognises that quality and presentation combined with motivating and managing staff are key to obtaining the desired outcome.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for the day to day operations on all levels
- Structure & implement menu, costing & ordering systems
- Ensure the effective delivery of all food operations in Half Note including café options & dinner options
- Accountability for cost of goods, stock levels, stock rotation and ordering
- Maintain appropriate food, staffing & overhead costs to ensure minimum budgeted profitability
- Maintain communications with senior management through regular and daily briefings
- Staff training and assistance with recruitment as required
- Manage food safety and OH&S compliances
- Build a strong culture within the team
- Provide exceptional customer service at all times
- Resolve customer complaints and inquiries swiftly and amicable
- Meet set key performance indicators (KPI’s)
- Follow Whiteroom policies & procedures
- Provide safe, mature, responsible leadership & operation of all Whiteroom’s food businesses at all times
Skills and experience
- Chef qualifications
- Minimum 3 years leading a kitchen team
- Organised and able to meet deadlines
- Staff organisation & leadership skills
- Proven record of menu design, costing, budgeting & implementation
- Proven cost control ability
- Able to work independently & be adaptable
- Ordering, stock control & stock reconciliation
- Quality menu delivery
- Friendly, Outgoing, Service orientated and well presented
- Passion for excellent food
- Previous experience as a head chef
- Lead and inspire the team by example
- Excellent communication, time management and organisational skills
- An eye for innovation and detail
- Positive hands-on approach
- Contract period 1 Dec 2017 – 20 March 2018
- Able to get a Japanese working holiday visa
- Remuneration package – on application